Viewing Review: The Sony BDP-5100 does everything you'd expect and does it very well ata terrific price. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

The Sony BDP-5100 does everything you'd expect and does it very well ata terrific price. Edit
by andy sullivan Combined Rating: 4.7
If you're looking for a blu-ray player with most of the smart features, provides a very good picture and sound field, looks great in 3D, then look no further in the under $150 price range. It...
Pros Cons
  • Top notch picture and top notch 3D. Loads fast and smoothly. Very light and has a small footprint. Can be had for under $110.
  • The pro of light weight also makes it feel unsubstantial and a bit cheap. No SD card slot. Not flat on top.
If you're looking for a blu-ray player with most of the smart features, provides a very good picture and sound field, looks great in 3D, then look no further in the under $150 price range. It doesn't take up a lot of space, has a nice easy to use menu along with a nice compact remote. I will certainly miss the SD card slot (my only down grade) on my Panasonic (which I'm keeping for just that feature). I went with the Sony BDP-S5100 because I upgraded to a 3D TV and I am very impressed with the 3D picture. If you're on a reasonable budget and want 3D with a smart blu-ray player this Sony should leave you with a big fat smile on your face.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: