Viewing Review: Fantastic player! - AVS Forum
Fantastic player! Edit
by Doug111 Combined Rating: 4.6
After taking the jump and purchasing a 3D HDTV, I needed a Blu-Ray player that could play 3D discs. The OPPO brand got great reviews and even though it was more expensive than many players out...
Pros Cons
  • Built like a rock, great features, easy set-up.
  • A little pricey.
After taking the jump and purchasing a 3D HDTV, I needed a Blu-Ray player that could play 3D discs. The OPPO brand got great reviews and even though it was more expensive than many players out there, I decided it was dumb to pair a cheaper Blu-Ray player with an expensive TV. I don't regret the decision for a second. The BDP-103 is heavier than most players because the unit feels incredibly solid. Once hooked up, setting up the player is very easy. You're walked through a quick set-up and it's ready to go. That said, there are lots of tweaks available depending upon your home theater set-up. A search on the Internet as well as the AVS Forum revealed lots of "preferred" settings but, as always, you'll want to see what works best for you. That's one of the BDP-103's greatest plusses--no matter how you want to adjust your picture, audio and other settings, the unit gives you lots of options and a tremendous amount of flexibility. If there's any downside to the unit, I could see someone with little or no technical knowledge finding the options a little overwhelming but the factory default settings are probably fine for most users. I was disappointed that within a few weeks after purchasing this player, OPPO came out with the BDP-105 but don't know what the difference is. I'm very happy with the 103, though, so really don't care at this point. Whenever the player becomes obsolete (which always happens eventually), OPPO has definitely earned a look.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: