Viewing Review: Awesome and Feature Packed - AVS Forum
Awesome and Feature Packed Edit
by jboo43 Combined Rating: 4.6
When I first got this I wanted the networking capabilities and 3D but this thing is awesome. It boots super quick and has a ton of online services such as Amazon Instant Video and Netflix (both of...
Pros Cons
  • Plays Every Format, Excellent Audio and Video, Tons of Services
  • Netflix buffer is too small, Light / Doesn't feel like an ES quality product, Setup menus are a bit technical
When I first got this I wanted the networking capabilities and 3D but this thing is awesome. It boots super quick and has a ton of online services such as Amazon Instant Video and Netflix (both of which i use regularly). Netflix is streamed in 7.1 which is nice if you have a 7.1 setup like I do.

This player decodes about every audio format that I've thrown at it from DTS-MA 7.1, DTS-HD, DTS-Matrix 6.1, Dolby TrueHD 7.1 down to Dolby Digital 2.0. There isn't a format it won't decode but, if there were, and on a few occasions it choose the wrong format, then you can easily set it to stream the audio channel as LPCM over HDMI and let the receiver decode it.

It will also play SACD discs and I have a DLNA server that I can navigate through and the S1700ES is awesome for doing so.

As for video performance -- it's awesome. 3D and 2D content look amazing. This has been the best player I've ever owned.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: