Viewing Review: Don't let looks fool you! - AVS Forum
Don't let looks fool you! Edit
by Cigarjohn47 Combined Rating: 4.7
This unit does provide 3D and streaming capabilities which work great. I only use the Youtube feature on it when streaming and it works great and fast and I have it hard wired hooked-up through my...
Pros Cons
  • Sleek, compact, quiet and cool to the touch.
  • Remote Control touch pad is too sensitive at the lowest settings.
This unit does provide 3D and streaming capabilities which work great. I only use the Youtube feature on it when streaming and it works great and fast and I have it hard wired hooked-up through my router. I do recommend getting a wireless keyboard/mouse if you want to do any internet searches with it which is easier to do instead of using the remote. I hooked this unit straight into my pre-amp with a HDMI cable and set my pre-amp to it's through feature to let the BD player handle all the video filtering. The aspect ratio is very easy to setup along with the setup menus. Very user friendly. All the features on the remote are easy to use except for the touch pad which on it's lowest sensitivity setting, it still makes the unit very hard to use. The player loads up discs very quickly. You just load a disc and press play and the unit takes about 5 seconds or less to load up. Though the very few buttons on the top front are very sensitive to use. You barely need to touch them to turn the player on/off, open/close, play and stop.

I'm blown away at the image levels I see from my blu-rays and it filters out the noise from older DVD's with very incredible up-scaling quality. The audio quality is exceptional too which I've tested it without my pre-amp. And updating the firmware is so easy, a caveman can do it. LOL! No pun intended. I've watched Thor and Toy Story 3 in 7.1 and the quality is beyond superb. I've also watched the very older original versions of the black & white Frankenstein and Dracula movies on DVD's with no noise whatsoever. And the BD Live feature responds very quickly too. I use a 64 gig SDXC card for that feature. Probably overkill for my needs.

Don't let the small, slim and very light size full you. Most people will tell you that if it isn't heavy, it's poorly made. Though not in this case. Panasonic really has a winner here with an incredible price. After using it hard for eight plus hours of heavy movie viewing, the unit stays very cool. Maybe just a very light warmness to the outer top shell. The processor is very fast and must be of a small die size to produce very little heat which is perfect for those who may have heat issues or concerns in closed cabinets.

I gave this unit a 4.5 gold star rating instead of a 5 star rating cause of the touch pad on the remote though the menu system and setup are very easy to do and everything else seems to be perfect.

Good job Panasonic on a great product!smile.gif
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: