Viewing Review: Panasonic keeps delivering the goods. - AVS Forum
Panasonic keeps delivering the goods. Edit
by bettzysdaddy Combined Rating: 4.6
The only non-Panasonic BD player I had, was the LG BH200, because it played HD DVD and BD. After that, I purchased stand alone players for each format. Going by CNET's reviews I got the DMP-BD35...
Pros Cons
  • Great price value, fast boot up, low power consumption, built-in WiFi adapter, light weight & no-frills design, easy to setup,
  • No universal TV remote function
The only non-Panasonic BD player I had, was the LG BH200, because it played HD DVD and BD. After that, I purchased stand alone players for each format. Going by CNET's reviews I got the DMP-BD35 first. Fast forward to now, I have the DMP-BDT220 and as from prior Panny BD players, it has yet to disappoint! I got it on Black Friday and paid $100 for it.

3D and regular BD performance are top-notch, as usual. It gets more interesting with the non-3D to 3D conversion if you have a 3D TV. Not as good as native 3D encoded discs, but it does good job converting, and also have 3D depth adjustable settings. The player handles all audio and video codecs with ease. BD load times are dependent on how BD-Java heavy the disc is. But non-the-less, I've had no problems playing any movie.

In regards to streaming, the WiFi adapter is adequate for the job. Netflex and Hulu had no problems when I moved the player to the living room.

Setup doesn't take too long if you follow the menu. Granted, they could've simplified the menu GUI, it's a small learning curve, but you'll be up and running in less than 20 minutes, even if you're not tech savvy. The player hooks up most TVs and AVRs via HDMI, component, or composite cables. Out of the box, composite cables are included, but won't benefit anyone unless you're using a CRT. Connecting to my AVR was a breeze as I only use HDMI for all of my gaming systems, cable box, HD DVD and BD player.

Performance-wise, this player delivers on picture performance and audio bit-streaming. Never had a skip, jump or anything that wasn't because of the encoding quality of the content. The player has a "fast boot" option that makes the player boot up quicker, at the expense of using a little more electricity; I've never used it and don't need to. And while we're talking about power consumption, these players use very little juice, that when I had my DMP-BD65, there was low current going through the entire apartment complex and the section of the city I live in. My player and TV uses so little energy, that I was able to watch a movie without any hitches while most other people couldn't even turn on their lights!

Panasonic has turned me into a life long fan. As long as they keep producing quality BD players, I will let them take my money.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: