Viewing Review: Not A Bad Player, But Where's The Smarts? - AVS Forum
Not A Bad Player, But Where's The Smarts? Edit
by NeonSignedOff Combined Rating: 3.7
I really like this player because it gives me such a high quality picture and such great audio when the disc makes it happy. Some of my DVDs just won't play at the correct aspect ratio though and...
Pros Cons
  • Great picture and sound, lots of internet options and excellent audio connections.
  • Can't get the aspect ratio right on all discs, clumsy remote and sparce adjustability.
I really like this player because it gives me such a high quality picture and such great audio when the disc makes it happy. Some of my DVDs just won't play at the correct aspect ratio though and when a friend brings over a pan and scan, forget it. Blu-Rays play real nice although not what I'd call pixel perfect, pretty sure "T2" is better than I see on the BD-C6500. The remote is hard to get right and if I hit the wrong button and stop the video I'm not getting back to where I was with just one click. Loads up pretty quick I guess and search is not so difficult after all.
NetFlix and YouTube look decent and I like that I can use wi-fi for streaming, though I am now using ethernet. The clumsy remote does not make these functions easy, but it works just the same. Overall a good home video experience and well worth the price I paid. Just think it could be a lot smarter about aspect ratios and allow me to make some adjustments myself.
Not a 3D player by the way, neither is my Vizio HDTV which is connected via HDMI, so not an issue. Was easy to set up, kind of liked that.
On player controls work very well and the remote does have a button to open the drawer and I like that. The disc and internet menus are more than acceptable, but not the best, though I have no complaint there.
Final analysis: I do recommend this player based on picture and sound, but the aspect ration thing may be a big problem. Had it near three years now and still working like new, that's a good thing.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: