Viewing Review: Good Value, Looks Nice, But Could Be Improved - AVS Forum
Good Value, Looks Nice, But Could Be Improved Edit
by DDT0C Combined Rating: 4.0
Ease of Assembly: The hardest part of assembling the entertainment center was opening the box. From what I experienced, I envision this as a new event in a strongman competition. The commercial...
Pros Cons
  • Looks good, strong and sturdy, very affordable
  • Shorter and shallower than the pictures elude, no pathways for cables
Ease of Assembly: The hardest part of assembling the entertainment center was opening the box. From what I experienced, I envision this as a new event in a strongman competition. The commercial strength construction adhesive used to secure the flaps was significantly stronger than the cardboard itself, which itself is thick and inflexible (excellent for security and protection, but frustrating if you want whats inside). One may find it easier to cut the box rather than attempting to pry the flaps open. Exhausted from opening the box, I was finally able to retrieve the parts and lay them out. Although the instructions refer to parts as A, B, C, etc., the parts themselves are not labeled. However, given the simplicity of the design, the pieces are easily identifiable by comparing them to the pictures in the instructions. Assembly was fairly quick with the aid of an electric screwdriver, took about 30 minutes from start to finish.

Build Quality: The compressed fiberboard used for this unit is typical of most DIY furniture. The veneer used looks good, but chips very easily at the corners (be careful when handling). I used a sharpie marker to touch up a few spots that got dinged while moving them around. The fasteners used to secure the pieces together are above average quality and make the unit feel very strong and sturdy, I would have no problem trusting the strength of this unit to holding any size TV (although I am only using it to hold my components).

Features/Capacity: As mentioned in other reviews, the unit is deceivingly shallow. Any components larger than a cable box or gaming system will have trouble fitting without modification to the backing. Pay special attention to the dimensions before ordering and make sure to include the extended length of cable ends when measuring your components (RCA and HDMI ends add a good 3in to the back of most devices, 90° adapters/port savers may be a good option if you need some extra space). There are also no pathways for cabling unless you want them all to go up through the top opening. Being OCD, I cut a hole behind my receiver to run cables through for a cleaner install.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: