Viewing Review: Nailed it! - AVS Forum
Nailed it! Edit
by Franklights Combined Rating: 5.0
Upgrading from a Denon AVR-2800, I was overdue for an upgrade and glad I waited! Picked this up and had it hooked up in no time. Everything was clearly marked making it simple and it even had an on...
Pros Cons
  • good power, easy setup, simple GUI, smart phone remote app
  • None so far
Upgrading from a Denon AVR-2800, I was overdue for an upgrade and glad I waited! Picked this up and had it hooked up in no time. Everything was clearly marked making it simple and it even had an on screen setup for the speakers that walks you through the process. I am using in a 5.1 mode. Clean sound and I really like the up-scaling video and the fact I can route all signals through here now. I got this model to future proof for the 4k video as it can upscale or pass through 4k. I don't like to upgrade frequently which you can tell from my previous receiver which is about 12 years old! This unit is a great value/ feature and is something I won't outgrow in the near future with 4k offered on-board. I chose not to go with the model above it as the 7.1 is plenty and I don't need 7.2 at all. I highly recommend this product!
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Franklights 07-18-2013, 06:52 AM

Great point!

jdsmoothie 07-15-2013, 02:48 AM

Regarding the 7.2, keep in mind you can always add another sub by using a $5 RCA "Y" splitter cable.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: