Viewing Review: Great low-cost 3D Led - AVS Forum
Great low-cost 3D Led Edit
by mmohtasham Combined Rating: 3.9
I bought this TV in 2012 when 2011 TV prices all dropped. I got a great deal back then at Fry's for $1199, which was $400 less than anywhere else. All in all, this has been a great TV. The...
Pros Cons
  • Good motion enhancement, large number of inputs, low cost 3D smart TV, thin, great picture
  • Slow response on smart Apps, Motion enhance does not work for smart apps(Netflix, Hulu, etc...),
I bought this TV in 2012 when 2011 TV prices all dropped. I got a great deal back then at Fry's for $1199, which was $400 less than anywhere else. All in all, this has been a great TV. The motion enhancement looks great on Blu Rays and video games, however it applies the 'soap opera' effect to cable shows. There are 4 HDMI inputs, which is very nice considering some of the lower cost options only have 2. The last TV I had in the living room was a Samsung plasma. The picture is much better on the UN55D6500, however the black levels aren't nearly as good. This is an edge lit TV, so there is a minor halo effect around the sides. I've read that this can be corrected with the right settings, however I stopped noticing it after a week and never bothered messing with it.

The picture is very good. Just watched 'OZ: The Great and Powerful' in 2D with the motion enhancement on and the picture blew my in-laws minds! I've watched a few 3D movies on the TV and it is very enjoyable. The 2D-3D conversion does not work that great and is a waste of time. Video games look great on the TV. I've been playing 'Last of Us' recently and it looks amazing!

The smart apps are adequate. The TV has both ethernet and built-in wifi and the wifi works very well. The apps have a tendency to load slowly though and the motion enhancement cannot be turned on while running Hulu and Netflix, which is a bit of a drag.

At the price I purchased this TV for I don't think I could have asked for more. This is a great value TV with good picture and all the features I might want. I think this TV will tide me over just fine until the 4K TV's start to drop in price.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: