Viewing Review: Awesome low cost TV perfect for game rooms or bedrooms. - AVS Forum
Awesome low cost TV perfect for game rooms or bedrooms. Edit
by BWDinc Combined Rating: 4.1
For a very low cost 50 incher I have to say....... Im...kind of...impressed. Not a huge fan of LCD TVs going into the setup, but pound for pound it holds up. . Its striped of the "smart" features...
Pros Cons
  • Low cost, good picture out of the box (movie mode), Easy setup and calibration, Average person wont need to calibrate, Appealing frame and stand
  • Not the best in very bright rooms, off angle viewing fades, no CMS for detailed calibration, smoother with 120hz off
For a very low cost 50 incher I have to say....... Im...kind of...impressed. Not a huge fan of LCD TVs going into the setup, but pound for pound it holds up. . Its striped of the "smart" features and no 3D, but makes for a great gaming or bedroom TV where perfection isn't important. 120hz is included and featured on the box, however I prefer it off to give amore natural feel to the video. One feature some people will like is the auto brightness sensor. It will balance the light output when its dark, so you don't get blinded by the daytime settings. Of course enthusiasts will probably turn this off making a consistently correct image. This is my preference also. I wouldn't have a bedroom TV without the sleep timer option that is also included. The Stable Sound feature does a decent job at making the volume level tolerable even through commercials. The media share USB option will be great for anyone wanting to view photos or videos from a thumb drive. I love TVs that give me the HDMI level control and this one satisfies. Parental controls and menu locking make this a kid friendly set.

The setup was easy. It took longer to pull off the plastic and get out of the box than to setup. Plug in the cables, power on, set the time zone, input labels, change picture mode to movie... DONE

The remote is nice and light with a ton of features. Sleep timer, freeze frame option,and built in play controls for other Toshiba devices you may own. I only with the remote was backlit for night viewing.

The menu system is simple and loaded with features. Everything you need is right there. Picture, Sound, or Options will cover it. IF you calibrate, the adjusting screen are low enough to read the windowed patterns. Thumbs up.

The picture, is good. I did a quick and dirty calibration with overall satisfaction. Color isn't perfect, but you can get skin tones realistic enough for my taste. It may crush a few shadows here and there, but not a deal breaker. If you want this to be your main TV it "may" be a deal breaker. I did this review while a night time cop drama was on so there were plenty of darker scenes. I got a very natural feel from the level of detail and clarity.

To see it in action with a menu walk though check out the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aVr5Yd8SIIk
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: