Viewing Review: great value easy to use - AVS Forum
great value easy to use Edit
by brettdis Combined Rating: 4.3
lg 55lm6200
setup

was easy basically took it out of the box put it on the wall and turned it on and the setup wizard walked me through it all. one small problem i found was the picture wizard...
Pros Cons
  • easy set up simple remote great picture using intellisensor
  • a little dark if your room is dark when using intellisensor
lg 55lm6200
setup

was easy basically took it out of the box put it on the wall and turned it on and the setup wizard walked me through it all. one small problem i found was the picture wizard gave me a stationary pic to work with. at the end of it all the picture was way to white. we went back thru the wizard but honestly we couldnt fix the super white we had going on. the wizard is simple enough to use u look at the picture and get 3 choices of what u want to set each level at. a little confusing on what does what like contract black levels tint white levels and so on and so on. we finally switched to the intellisensor feature and now its perfect.

performance

is awesome using the intellisensor. we find a night if u dont turn on a light the tv gets very dark. the intellisensor keeps all the levels perfect except when its really dark in the house. i do find if your watching a movie with a lot of dark in it the dark takes over and you lose some of the lighter darkness to just straight black.

features

are good. we can stream netflix no problem lg has their own little world of apps with games and trailers etc. we dont use it often. mostly to view 3d documentaries and trailers. the 3d is good. our model just came with simple 3d glasses like you get at the theater. no bulky battery powered ones.

user interface

is excellent. the remote is kinda like a wiimote. a cursor appears when u point the remote at the tv and you navigate thru the menus or options that way. the remote has minimal buttons which is great. its a smaller remote which i really like.this way i pick it up and give it a tiny shake(to wake it up) and point and click and done. no looking all over a remote with 50 buttons to find the right one. no accidentally pressing the wrong button while setting it down.

we paid 1400(canadian) for it and love it. best purchase i ever made. lg hit it out of the park on this decently priced 3d tv. its reasonably priced easy to use and very user friendly. i dont know much about tvs and home theater and i was able to set it up. i think that says alot about it. with the technology today its hard to find a tv thats a simple turn on and go. lg you rock for making a tv for people like me.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: