Viewing Review: Affordable 50" THX certified Plasma - AVS Forum
Affordable 50" THX certified Plasma Edit
by kitus Combined Rating: 4.0
When I was in the market for our TV, LED technology was immature and expensive. The G20/G25 represented an interesting trade off between price, features, image quality and overall user experience....
Pros Cons
  • Great image, great sound, some initial multimedia capabilities, tons of output interfaces
  • heavy, high power consumption, lack of iPhone app, bad customer service
When I was in the market for our TV, LED technology was immature and expensive. The G20/G25 represented an interesting trade off between price, features, image quality and overall user experience. One of the things that annoy me the most about this product is that, despite the fact that it features an Ethernet port, with DLNA support and the first version of Viera Connect, Panasonic has refused to develop support for smartphone app unlike the newer generation of Panasonic x30. The vendor can argue whatever they want, but if the TV is able to manage a TCP/IP stack -which definitely does-,adding such a capability should be a question of putting together programming code. For reasons like this I say that Panasonic isn't customer friendly; not that I think that Samsung is any better but since I own a Panasonic panel, I can only assess what owning one of their products is like.

My overall opinion is: great plasma technology with great image support (THX certified), with some multimedia capabilities, branded by a non-customer friendly company.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: