Viewing Review: I love it. - AVS Forum
I love it. Edit
by rpgdude Combined Rating: 4.0
I was gaming back in the starcraft one day's on the biggest CRT I could find. My last CRT was the Sony GDM-FW900 24" Widescreen CRT Monitor. It weighed 96 pounds and I haven't seen an LCD that can...
Pros Cons
  • Black blacks, great color and clarity. No input lag. Built in settings are good. VIERA Link and SD card.
  • 62 pounds. Glass screen was cracked on the first one. Only one HDMI port.
I was gaming back in the starcraft one day's on the biggest CRT I could find. My last CRT was the Sony GDM-FW900 24" Widescreen CRT Monitor. It weighed 96 pounds and I haven't seen an LCD that can touch its clarity, blacks or speed for gaming. Alas, it got dim so I sold it and replaced it with an ASUS VE278Q. I noticed the difference immediately. The LCD was light and bright and that's all. I was so spoiled by CRT's and for the next three years I had to settle for LCD's. Then, I got news of a sale at BB. I got the TC-P50S30 for $450.00. It has clarity like my old CRT, but much brighter and the colors are more vibrant. For PC gamers big LCD TV's have too much input lag for competitive gaming, but plasma's have none at all just like the old CRT's. I for one will never own another LCD, they are bright in the show room, but I can sit 3-4 feet from my plasma and it's clear not like the big pixels in LCD's. The color range for photos and the blacks absolutely crush LCD's. I do wish it had more inputs.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: