Viewing Review: I have three plasma TVs: a Panasonic TH-42X60U, a Panasonic TC-P50G10, and a Samsung PN51D7000. - AVS Forum
I have three plasma TVs: a Panasonic TH-42X60U, a Panasonic TC-P50G10, and a Samsung PN51D7000. Edit
by BigEars Combined Rating: 5.0
I have three plasma TVs: a Panasonic TH-42X60U, a Panasonic TC-P50G10, and a Samsung PN51D7000. The 42 and 51 have been professionally calibrated. For the 50, I use the THX setting, sort of. I use...
Pros Cons
  • Does a great job for what I need
  • Should have much more user set-up options - THX ain't the do-all, end-all.
I have three plasma TVs: a Panasonic TH-42X60U, a Panasonic TC-P50G10, and a Samsung PN51D7000. The 42 and 51 have been professionally calibrated. For the 50, I use the THX setting, sort of. I use a single Logitech Harmony One remote control to control all three systems.
The Panasonic 42 is used in the bedroom hanging on a wall above the French doors that lead into the master bath. The superior dispersion characteristics of plasma TVs is necessary for good viewing from the bed. (Five-star)
The Panasonic 50 is used in the family entertainment room. Again,the superior dispersion characteristics of plasma TVs is necessary for good viewing from the the varying positions within the room. But, since this set is used for long periods of time, I have turned down the contrast and the brightness. No one has complained, and I've got the THX setting to return to during critical viewing times. (Five-star) But, so far that has not been necessary because....
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: