Viewing Review: A wonderful entry level plasma for anyone looking for a big screen on a budget. - AVS Forum
A wonderful entry level plasma for anyone looking for a big screen on a budget. Edit
by marsbarrow Combined Rating: 4.0
Purchased this TV to replace a 59 inch Samsung plasma that broke in a freak accident. This quickly became our number one choice for many reasons. The picture quality demonstrated at the store was...
Pros Cons
  • Great color reproduction, Nice black levels, Presets look nice, Quick refresh rates, Relatively thin, Decent sound, Apps, Image burn reduction,
  • Some color bleeding, Occasional temporary burn-in, No advanced calibration settings, Heavy
Purchased this TV to replace a 59 inch Samsung plasma that broke in a freak accident. This quickly became our number one choice for many reasons. The picture quality demonstrated at the store was excellent and the low price made this an easy decision. Large screen fills our living room nicely and the speakers on the set are just fine for everyday TV programming when ambient noise is relatively low. The extra features included were all icing on the cake.

Picture Quality:
This TV impresses right out of the box with its accurate color reproduction and inky plasma blacks. I fiddled around with presets until I found a nice setting for each input. Currently I have an HD TiVo cable DVR (HDMI), WiiU (Component), PS3 (HDMI), Xbox360 (HDMI), Gamecube (Component) and Sony BluRay player (HDMI) connected to this television through an Onkyo 7.1 surround receiver. This TV has no 3D mode, which was a slight let down for the family (hopefully next time), but delivers superb 2D performance. Many settings can be adjusted for personal preference, but if you're looking for the best picture quality it is worth having a professional calibration done on this set, as it is for any theater sized display. HD and SD content both look great, and movie watching through BluRay as well as gaming in HD are a sight to behold. The only negative I can really bring forth is what I call high contrast color bleeding. The best way to describe it is when white text scrolls on a black background, (i.e, movie credits), you can see a band of color bleeding that runs across the television. It is very rare, but if you look for it, I would say it is somewhat distracting.

Sound Quality:
The included speakers for this set do an admirable job for basic television watching. It has been said 1,000 times already, but anyone spending this much money on a large TV such as this, should definitely invest in a soundbar at minimum, or a capable surround sound system. Audio modes can also be adjusted for personal preference but there is nothing of great note to be said about the audio within this display. It is simply average and can do just fine at filling the room with enough sound for most material.

Features:
This is a television full of quite a few features. Netflix, CinemaNow, amazon Instant Video, Pandora, facebook, as well as an SD card media player are all available out of the box. Internet services are very easy to connect to with the included ethernet port. Wifi adapter is sold separately. Also on the backside of the television are 3 HDMI ports, a component input, an old-school composite input, optical audio out, standard coax input, the aforementioned SD slot and 2 USB ports. That's a lot of features/inputs and should accommodate most setups. The setup menu for this television allows you to tweak many picture, audio, network, timer, input and antenna settings. You could spend a whole day tweaking and playing with the included features and functions. The only thing some more advanced users might miss is the 10 point grayscale calibration, but that function is usually reserved for higher end TVs.

Conclusion:
Again, this is perfect for anyone that is looking for a 2D, large screen at a wonderful price. The features and functions are plentiful, and more importantly you cannot find a better picture at this price. Pair it with a surround sound receiver and some decent speakers, turn down the lights and enjoy a theater in your own home. I can't recommend a better television at this size and price range.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: