Viewing Review: Still playing after years of ownership - AVS Forum
Still playing after years of ownership Edit
by Kpkelley Combined Rating: 4.0
I've been playing Civilization Revolution for years now and it's still fun to pick up and play. It is much simpler than other Civilization iterations, but that simplicity works for console gaming....
Pros Cons
  • Nearly all the Civ fun your used to with a much simpler interface
  • "lego" voicework can be annoying; not as challenging or complex as other Civ iterations
I've been playing Civilization Revolution for years now and it's still fun to pick up and play. It is much simpler than other Civilization iterations, but that simplicity works for console gaming. For those not familiar with the Civilization series, you control a civilization from it's infancy until it becomes the dominant force in the world. Victory can be achieved through war also known as domination, cultural superiority, financial supremacy, or technological innovation by sending a colony ship across the stars. The simplicity of the game makes it one of the faster playing versions of the Civilization line, but as your civilization grows, the gameplay does slow down as you become encumbered with responsibilities. The difficulty levels make the game work for novices to experienced players of the series. There are a number of interesting scenarios to explore in the single-player mode including a game of the week and online play is available. One thing that I do find annoying is the "lego" voicework. Your advisors and adversaries pop up on screen occasionally, but they do not speak dialogue. Instead you are presented with a string of gibberish similar to what the characters in "Lego" games use followed by a block of text. Thankfully they can be silenced in the options menu.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: