Viewing Review: Good racing game with some realism - AVS Forum
Good racing game with some realism Edit
by herushan Combined Rating: 4.0
This is my only racing game on the Xbox 360, and it is nice. It's one of the few games I like to use the control with as I mainly play computer games. I bought this game for its realistic-looking...
Pros Cons
  • Cars look great, controls are good, decent races, head to head is nice, driving settings
  • A lot of purchase content, no four-player on one system, cars do not get fully totaled
This is my only racing game on the Xbox 360, and it is nice. It's one of the few games I like to use the control with as I mainly play computer games. I bought this game for its realistic-looking cars and car performance, but I was let down by how much you have to spend after the basic cost of the game to get some of the nicer cars as add-ons. I do like how you can change some of the driving settings of the car to meet your ability and to match others more fairly in head to head racing. The Xbox controller is really nice and I enjoy the feedback the game provides when racing.

I do like how one car is usually free in each add-on car pack and that the game comes with many fun cars to drive. The car view ability to look at the vehicles is pretty nice as well. I really wish the cars would crash fully realistic for both you and the computer vehicles when driving. It seems like all racing games has one or two fast computer cars that seem to never get behind while the rest just race in the back. Some of the races are difficult to complete which gives some enjoyment to the game while other races are standard in that if you hold the right line you win no matter what.

For a somewhat realistic racing experience I would recommend this game and probably just get the newest version of Forza as they seem to get better with each release. I wish that a four-player ability on one machine was an option though.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
jonathanc 09-19-2013, 03:40 PM

This is apples/Oranges to Forza Horizons.

Forza 4: 60fps racing sim
Horizons: 30fps Eye candy arcade racer with dumbed down physics.

jonathanc 09-19-2013, 03:39 PM

This is apples/Oranges to Forza Horizons.

Forza 4: 60fps racing sim
Horizons: 30fps Eye candy arcade racer with dumbed down physics.

herushan 09-17-2013, 07:07 PM

I really do not buy many games these days as other expenses have come around. I am waiting for the new Xbox before I buy anymore games as I want ones for the Xbox One. I only liked the original gta on the PC.

Kascnef82 09-17-2013, 12:56 PM

will there be a review of gta v soon?

Flavius 09-16-2013, 03:54 PM

Bit late to review this one, no? I strongly suggest you pick up Forza Horizon as well. It is a much improved experience.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: