Viewing Review: Star Trek Xbox 360 Gorn Invasion 3D - AVS Forum
Star Trek Xbox 360 Gorn Invasion 3D Edit
by PGTweed Combined Rating: 4.0
Space: the Final Frontier. These are the continuing voyages of the JJ Abrams' Star Trek reboot. It's mission: to revitalize the Star Trek computer game franchise for PCs, PS3 and Xbox 360. It boldy...
Pros Cons
  • 3D, Kirk, Spock, Star Trek, gameplay is like a Star Trek episode, Gorn make a great enemy for the federation, ties in with Star Trek: Into Darkness
  • The boss Gorn aliens can be too tough to defeat, challenges are easy to solve, can't tell stun from kill phaser settings
Space: the Final Frontier. These are the continuing voyages of the JJ Abrams' Star Trek reboot. It's mission: to revitalize the Star Trek computer game franchise for PCs, PS3 and Xbox 360. It boldy goes...sort of.

This game is based on the JJ Abrams Star Trek reboot. It takes place between Star Trek and Star Trek: Into Darkness films. It can be played in 2D and 3D mode. I highly recommend playing in 3D mode, especially for people that have a 3D projector!

The storyline is basically this: reptiles called the Gorn have invaded the planet of New Vulcan to steal their power source. As Kirk or Spock, you have to retrieve it from the Gorn to save New Vulcan and ultimately The Federation. To get it you have to fight against infected Vulcans and Federation personnel, preferably stunning them and not killing them. I gave up trying to tell the difference between the stun and kill settings on my phaser and tried not inflict too much damage against them.

The Graphics are good; better if you are playing in 3D mode. In Star Trek: Into Darkness, Kirk and Khan have to board The Dreadnaught (A starship that was never built in the original series) by flying toward it in spacesuits. This game has two scenes like that. First, Kirk and Spock have to board the Enterprise as Kirk and Khan did in ST:ID. Second, you get to crash a shuttlecraft into the Enterprise bridge. The 3D effect was great in those scenes! In ST:ID, Dr. McCoy and Dr. Carol Marcus are arming one of the advanced photon torpedoes, and McCoy describes delivering Gorn octuplets, which is referenced from this game.

This is a fun, not overly challenging game Star Trek fans will like.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
glantern30 09-19-2013, 01:18 PM

+1.... I understand that you like the 3d part of the game, if that's your reasoning fine but please stat that in your review. Giving it 4 1/2 stars where most people will buy the game because its good and not because of the 3d. hell most people won't even play it in 3d lol

And I apologise if you thought I was being rude, I just wanted to understand how you got to the 4 1/2 score on this game.

Bukley 09-18-2013, 10:14 AM

This is largely considered one of the WORST games of the year. 4.5 stars is just a flat out lie, and grounds to have this review taken down in my opinion. If someone is tricked into buying this garbage because of this review, it would be shameful.

PGTweed 09-18-2013, 09:59 AM

4 1/2 stars for the 3D. I'm a TOS Star Trek fan and a heavy gamer and this game is better than J.J. Abrams Star Trek films. I dread his upcoming direction of Star Wars episode 7. If yo don't like my reviews and ratings. WRITE YOUR OWN REVIEWS AND RATINGS!

Flavius 09-18-2013, 09:17 AM

4 1/2 stars? You must be joking. I'm a Trek fan and heavy gamer and I rate this barely at a 2. Metacritic rates it 43/100. You must not play many games.

PGTweed 09-18-2013, 07:10 AM

Because the 3D is better than in Star Trek: Into Darkness. J.J. Abrams Star Trek films are as well an embarassment to the Star Trek Franchise! Now he can destroy the Star Wars Saga as he has done to Star Trek.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: