Viewing Review: Built in DVD player didn't work - AVS Forum
Built in DVD player didn't work Edit
by Carrie Osman
I purchased two of these tvs from Walmart because I wanted to put them in my children's rooms specifically because they had dvd players.  Both failed to function.  We read the instructions, it...
Pros Cons
  • Nice picture
  • DVD player didn't work

I purchased two of these tvs from Walmart because I wanted to put them in my children's rooms specifically because they had dvd players.  Both failed to function.  We read the instructions, it simply says to insert with label facing back of tv and shiny part of disc facing outwards.  It felt as though there was something inside but it wouldn't take in a dvd.  We could use the tv just fine with a portable dvd player but I'm not paying for a tv with a non working dvd player.  I was really surprised that both tvs had non functioning dvd players.  I am in the process of returning them to Walmart to find a suitable replacement.  We did research online after the fact and apparently it is a very common problem with these tvs, the fact that the dvd player doesn't work.  Maybe that's why Walmart put them on clearance and now no longer sells them.  I guess if I want a built in dvd player I'll just have to pay a bit more for a better brand.  I was not impressed with RCA.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: