Viewing Review: I love this projector! - AVS Forum
I love this projector! Edit
by repair4man Combined Rating: 4.0
I've owned this projector for about 16 months and I really love it. It is ceiling mounted in a small home theater room on a 96" diagonal screen. It is so good I don't see much point in going out...
Pros Cons
  • Excellent color and picture. Excellent black levels. Very little adjustment required out of the box. Test patterns were really helpful for setup.
  • Occasionally gets stuck switching between RGB and component video inputs. Doesn't come with 3D glasses and they are pricey.
I've owned this projector for about 16 months and I really love it. It is ceiling mounted in a small home theater room on a 96" diagonal screen. It is so good I don't see much point in going out to the movies any more. This is my second projector. Both have been DLP technology. I'm sticking with DLP because I still see issues develop over the years with the LCD projectors we have at work. I'm also a firm believer in buying projectors specifically designed for home theater, particularly having only RGB color wheel. I have never had any issue getting the colors right. Dedicated home theater projectors cost a bit more, but I think it's worth it in picture quality. I've used it only with component and RGB video inputs. Haven't used HDMI because I have only component and RGB cables fished through my walls and ceiling and my receiver doesn't support HDMI 1.3. I'm not a fan of 3D so that isn't bothering me.

When it gets stuck switching between RGB and component, it really gets stuck. Power button doesn't even work. It will recover if I turn off the component video input. The issue doesn't happen when switching from component video to RGB. I used to play DVDs from my computer, but with upgrade to Blu-Ray and the known issue, I just let my receiver switch the inputs and just send component video to projector. The projector casts a slight halo of light on the floor about 6" in front of the screen. I only notice occasionally and it is unnoticeable if the movie is commanding attention. Other small nits are that the picture is off by about 3/32" (2.4 mm) from being perfectly rectangular. Nobody has noticed, it's just one of those things I notice since I set the system up.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: