Viewing Review: Great receiver for the price - AVS Forum
Great receiver for the price Edit
by herushan Combined Rating: 4.3
This is my first receiver so not much to compare to, but it is a great first receiver. I have owned this receiver for almost a year now and it has been wonderful to use and setup. I did a lot of...
Pros Cons
  • Features for the price, Audyssey XT32, and easy setup
  • HDMI board may have issues and no included WiFi dongle
This is my first receiver so not much to compare to, but it is a great first receiver. I have owned this receiver for almost a year now and it has been wonderful to use and setup. I did a lot of research before buying this receiver and it had many great things like Audyssey XT32, 4K, and dual sub-woofer capability that usually you have to pay more for. That was enough to make me buy this over the Denon I was originally wanting, so far happy with my decision. I also like how you can dim the LCD and that the universal remote is mostly functional with other equipment. It does a good job at giving you the basics for your other devices. Audyssey XT32 does a good job with my KEF speakers and SVS PC12+ sub setup in my room, and the TX-NR818 powers the equipment without issue. The sound is good and makes a great hub for my TV, xbox, dish, and OPPO to connect through. At the price that it was selling during black Friday last year it was well worth it. I did wish that it had a WiFi dongle included to connect to my network, but my other equipment does most everything this one does so I just use those instead. I did update its firmware once with a USB drive which was easy to do. The receiver is big and has a good weight to it. I do like the aluminum construction and the amount of connectors in the back. I bought this so it will last through many years of use, hopefully. The features are nice and seems well built, but I do hope that the unit stays reliable.

I have had no major problems with it, but did have one instance of were I got sound with no video from it. After I cycled power on the receiver it has been problem free. Not sure how Onkyo support is but hopefully will never have to talk to them.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: