Viewing Review: Great Home Theater Receiver - AVS Forum
Great Home Theater Receiver Edit
by IgnoringMyWife Combined Rating: 4.0
I purchased the TX-NR1007 used from the original owner. I'm using for home theater use and I'm very impressed by a few things. One was the number of audio format options, as I set this 9.2...
Pros Cons
  • Power, audio formats, Audyssey, networked, multi-zone, price
  • Relay clicking, occasional network drop
I purchased the TX-NR1007 used from the original owner. I'm using for home theater use and I'm very impressed by a few things. One was the number of audio format options, as I set this 9.2 receiver up in a 5.1 system. The Audyssey room adjustment was very easy (with a tripod) and the results were phenomenal, never had heard such incredible sound coming out of my speakers, mainly from multi-channel audio from movie tracks. The multi-zone option is great; I set up zone 2 in my garage/shop for 2 channel listening while working. Only bad thing about the zone 2/3 is it is analog only. HDMI input (and output are how I use my three different sources and send them to my projector. The onscreen control is basic, but effective and easy to navigate.

There are only a few minor downsides. One is an audible clicking from the relays when source is switched or sometimes an intermittent signal. There was a firmware update to reduce this issue, but it is still there to some degree... not that big of a deal, especially if it in a closet or equipment room. The network capability is nice, since I can control the receiver over IP with a mobile app. Every once in a while the receiver looses its IP address or something, which requires a disconnect from power and unplugging of the network cable. It doesn't happen that often and the cause is unknown.

Overall this is a really high quality device that performs very well, especially for the price.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: