Viewing Review: Great Home Theater Receiver - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Great Home Theater Receiver Edit
by IgnoringMyWife Combined Rating: 4.0
I purchased the TX-NR1007 used from the original owner. I'm using for home theater use and I'm very impressed by a few things. One was the number of audio format options, as I set this 9.2...
Pros Cons
  • Power, audio formats, Audyssey, networked, multi-zone, price
  • Relay clicking, occasional network drop
I purchased the TX-NR1007 used from the original owner. I'm using for home theater use and I'm very impressed by a few things. One was the number of audio format options, as I set this 9.2 receiver up in a 5.1 system. The Audyssey room adjustment was very easy (with a tripod) and the results were phenomenal, never had heard such incredible sound coming out of my speakers, mainly from multi-channel audio from movie tracks. The multi-zone option is great; I set up zone 2 in my garage/shop for 2 channel listening while working. Only bad thing about the zone 2/3 is it is analog only. HDMI input (and output are how I use my three different sources and send them to my projector. The onscreen control is basic, but effective and easy to navigate.

There are only a few minor downsides. One is an audible clicking from the relays when source is switched or sometimes an intermittent signal. There was a firmware update to reduce this issue, but it is still there to some degree... not that big of a deal, especially if it in a closet or equipment room. The network capability is nice, since I can control the receiver over IP with a mobile app. Every once in a while the receiver looses its IP address or something, which requires a disconnect from power and unplugging of the network cable. It doesn't happen that often and the cause is unknown.

Overall this is a really high quality device that performs very well, especially for the price.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: