Viewing Review: Not Impressed - AVS Forum
Not Impressed Edit
by ss3740 Combined Rating: 2.0
I have had this unit over a year now. First, I had to send the original one back. No power to the Zones. AVS did a stellar job replacing it. In hindsight, I should have just kept the old 7500...
Pros Cons
  • Great on Movies
  • Weak on Music
I have had this unit over a year now. First, I had to send the original one back. No power to the Zones. AVS did a stellar job replacing it. In hindsight, I should have just kept the old 7500 Marantz. I'm not saying its ALL bad, but its pretty weak compared to our old unit. No " impact".. No" punch"..Albums and CDs ( Oppo 103) sound like 40 year old recordings. Its rated higher amperage than the old unit, but is fictitious. Its a great unit for Movies. But I thought I was buying a dual purpose Receiver.This thing sounds like a 50 watt receiver,not 150.(My old Marantz was 105). And the zones, they are a joke. What a dumb way to make them. Why not just make a button you push to turn on secondary Zones? I don't mean to insult people that have this unit, but someday I'll buy something with more horsepower...so to speak. Its my own fault, I will never buy ANYTHING again, with out going to a store and hearing it for myself. When I bought the Marantz, I took the speakers right to the store. ( M&K' S). I thought I was stepping UP, not down...I'm not one of those OP's that concentrate on features...I want sound. And I like it pretty loud. I was looking for something that sounded like an actual Band was in your living room. If your into Movies only, this will work fine, but if you are an audiophile, look someplace else. And I will...........
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: