Viewing Review: Awesome AVR and GEAT BUY!!! - AVS Forum
Awesome AVR and GEAT BUY!!! Edit
by electric turd Combined Rating: 4.8
My path to where I'm out now was a long but fun one. About 8 years ago I was In the search of a HTiB. I knew deep down that it wouldn't be the best or most desired setup. I went looking around town...
Pros Cons
  • Power, connections
  • HD Audio Light and on screen UI
My path to where I'm out now was a long but fun one. About 8 years ago I was In the search of a HTiB. I knew deep down that it wouldn't be the best or most desired setup. I went looking around town for the best deal I could find and ended up at a store by the name of Stereo Sound (later tweeter). I went in there fairly blind and in need of help. I was promptly shown a Pioneer Elite VSX-33tx open box. I really like what I heard and saw from the avr. I bought that and purchased a 5.1 jbl setup and I thought I was in hog heaven. After about 5 years and many upgrades later I figured it was time to treat my ears and upgrade to take advantage of the new audio and hdmi formats. I went though and started with my speakers since I wasn't really sure which brand to go with avr wise. I bought all klispch reference speakers and really liked the road I was on. It was now time to look at an hdmi avr. I was torn between an Onkyo and a Denon. My budget was a small but important factor in which one I chose. I ended up with my current avr, a Denon AVR-1909. I proceeded to set it up with all new speaker wire and hdmi connections from my OPPO BDP-83 and dvr. I went through Denons audyssey sound setup and tweaked it a bit for my liking. I have self calibrated my Samsung LN52A650 with a Spears and Munsil bluray. I am running it in a 5.1 setup and I competely love the way I have everything dialed in. Compared to my old Elite, I think the Denon sounds every bit as good and I feel it has more power on reserve. I would do it all over if I had to. If I had one con about this avr it would have to be the "hd audio" emblem/led on the front. If I bitstream audio form my OPPO it lights up like the sun. I have learned to let the OPPO decode and send over PCM resolves the issue. Thanks for reading. Love the podcast on twit by the way.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: