Viewing Review: Integra does it again. - AVS Forum
Integra does it again. Edit
by jwillis253 Combined Rating: 5.0
This is my third Integra Receiver in teh DTR series, as I have horse traded my way from a DTR5.5 to this unit. I could not be happier with my purchase, as this unit far outperforms the DTR6.6 it...
Pros Cons
  • Plenty of power, amazing video performance, easy to setup, Audyssey.
  • Does not make popcorn.
This is my third Integra Receiver in teh DTR series, as I have horse traded my way from a DTR5.5 to this unit. I could not be happier with my purchase, as this unit far outperforms the DTR6.6 it replaced, adding the latest Dolby Digital HD plus, and DTS-HD master audio, along with HDMI upconversion. The Faroudja DCDi chip is incredible, with the best example being the job it does on Wii games. Anyone who has seen Wii in it's native state knows it looks like garbage. When run through the DTR7.9 and upconverted to 720p, it is on par with the PS3 and XBox as far as picture quality.

The audio performance is fantastic, punchy but not overbearing. It is the best I have heard outside of seperates.

I have purchased refurb units to maximize my dollar spent, and have had great success. While the best deals are often on units that are a model year or more behind, unless you are chasing the latest and greatest you can get incredible performance for the dollar. My suggestion to anyone looking for a great receiver is to buy the Integra that fits into their budget, whether it is new or refurb, and then go ahead and crank it up.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: