Viewing Review: Olddie but not moldy AV Reciever - AVS Forum
Olddie but not moldy AV Reciever Edit
by dschlic1 Combined Rating: 4.2
I have owned this receiver for about three years. It is a real workhorse. It has performed every task I have thrown at it. This AV receiver has:
7.2 channel sound 7x 90 watts
YPAO room...
Pros Cons
  • 7.2 Channel with just about every type of sound decode you want. Ability to use a second zone
  • No 3D capability, no ethernet connectivity
I have owned this receiver for about three years. It is a real workhorse. It has performed every task I have thrown at it. This AV receiver has:
7.2 channel sound 7x 90 watts
YPAO room equalization
Optional iPOD and Bluetooth capability
4 HDMI inputs plus many audio inputs
1080p up scaling capability

Setup is pretty straight forward. Connect all of the speakers and then all of the inputs. I am using HDMI mostly, however I do have a second analog audio output from my HTPC that I use for zone 2. Zone 2 is being used to supply music to our patio/pool. Very nice. Once everything has been connected, simply insert the supplied microphone and the YPAO screen pops up.

The user interface is pretty basic, but you only have to use it once or twice during the lifetime of the receiver. I much rather have the manufacturer place the money in quality sound then in fancy GUIs.

We use our system for about 75% music and 25% TV. For music it is top notch. I have owned four or five different sound systems (since the 1970's) and this is the best so far. The only downside, and that may not be the receiver's fault, is that dialog on some shows and movies can be hard to understand.

The only reason I might have for changing this AV receive is to get 3D capability and also streaming music services (Pandora etc).
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: