Viewing Review: Awesome Boom for your buck - AVS Forum
Awesome Boom for your buck Edit
by zeadlots Combined Rating: 4.8
Bought on boxing day after I purchased a new 80' sharp LCD. I had been out of the receiver game so long I had no idea what ARC was....but boy do I love it now. Turn on my TV and my receiver...
Pros Cons
  • Easy setup, web controls, ARC control, internet radio, lots of customizations
  • Mobile control software finicky, occasional HDCP handshake issues, noticable lag via PC/HDMI (mouse)
Bought on boxing day after I purchased a new 80' sharp LCD. I had been out of the receiver game so long I had no idea what ARC was....but boy do I love it now. Turn on my TV and my receiver automatically comes on. Audio is crystal clear. Setup with the remote mic was good although I had to boost my rear inputs a little due to their placement. The software control app for android is ok but is finicky... I rarely use the internet radio but it has worked well when I did, but the interface could be designed better.

Movies shake the house with this box. This was also the first time having banana plugs. I will never go back for that. Be careful with your sub. The output test does not give you a true idea of the loudness, be sure to throw in a movie and be ready to adjust upon explosion.

Stays pretty cool too compared to my old pioneer. I have not tried the multi-room so I cannot speak to that feature. Remote is ok, I don't have to use it much.

Overall, great sound, ARC rules! biggrin.gif
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: