Viewing Review: Top of the line laptop for anyone - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Top of the line laptop for anyone Edit
by username354 Combined Rating: 5.0
If you want a top of the line computer for everything the MacBook Pro is the one. I was debating between getting the Pro an the regular MacBook and after months of debating I decided to get the...
Pros Cons
  • Sturdy frame, Sleek design, really good OS, Capable of running Windows, Fast, Used for anything, Fully compatable with Windows
  • Runs hot, Hard drive crashes easliy
If you want a top of the line computer for everything the MacBook Pro is the one. I was debating between getting the Pro an the regular MacBook and after months of debating I decided to get the Pro. Since 2011 when I bought it, my Mac has been my life, pride, and joy. After a year, the HDD crashed. I was so posses I lost all of my data and important pictures and videos. Apple replaced the HDD since AppleCare was purchased. But I was soon back in the Apple Store a couple more months later this time, my HDD locked up and once again, it was erased. AGAIN it happened a couple of months ago and again, I lost everything. I love my Mac but the HDD is getting annoying so I really want a SDD but don't want to blow 500 bucks. Although there are a couple flaws I think that the MacBook Pro is the best laptop o the market as of today.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Phil Wheeler 05-16-2014, 12:21 PM

Odd to find this review under "Digital Streaming Media Devices". Oh, well.

My only HDD crash with an Apple computer was with my 13" MacBook Air's SSD last January; fortunately I had a fairly recent full backup. I have no idea why it happened.

No problems with the MacBook/MacBook Pro HDDs I've owned since 2006.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: