Viewing Review: A Good buy, but only @ a discounted price! If only Retail price~~Go with a competing brand. - AVS Forum
A Good buy, but only @ a discounted price! If only Retail price~~Go with a competing brand. Edit
by leftyguitar1963 Combined Rating: 3.8
Initially I had purchased the E-400, but had no need for 2nd zone or 7.1 surround. I then exchanged it for the E-300.

The 1st thing that stood out to me was out of the box, that unlike the 400,...
Pros Cons
  • Airplay, Audyssey MultEQ, Ease of Set-up
  • No Bluetooth, WiFi, MHL, 4k pass-thru, HD Radio, Back-lit remote, OSD not as refined as E400.
Initially I had purchased the E-400, but had no need for 2nd zone or 7.1 surround. I then exchanged it for the E-300.

The 1st thing that stood out to me was out of the box, that unlike the 400, the 300 case is not all metal chassis. The very top forward cover is
a plastic composite material. The HDMI inputs/output and speaker connects are closer & more crowded than the E400.

When I hooked everything up the set-up was a breeze, just had it been w/400. There was no software update for the 300, as there had been for the 400.
The OSD on the 300 has more of a DoS feel than the 400. I miss the 400 GUI!

The Remote is equivalent to last year's 1613, but I wish it was like what was included with the 400. Overall, I like the Denon remotes.
They're not nearly as cluttered as the competitions.

Like I said before, if this AVR can NOT be purchased @ an extreme discount look elsewhere. I was fortunate to get this at a local
B&M at 1/2 off the MSRP. At the discounted price I am biggrin.gif with my overall purchase.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: