Viewing Review: First Time Owner - Very Pleased with Quality, Performance, and Price - AVS Forum
First Time Owner - Very Pleased with Quality, Performance, and Price Edit
by hokiebird2008 Combined Rating: 4.0
This is my first "real" HT receiver and overall I have been very happy with the functionality and quality of the product. The AVR-2113CI has some great network features like AirPlay and audio...
Pros Cons
  • Easy Setup with Audyssey XT, 7.1, Network Features, Mobile App
  • User Interface (GUI), Remote Ergonomics, User/Installation Guide

This is my first "real" HT receiver and overall I have been very happy with the functionality and quality of the product. The AVR-2113CI has some great network features like AirPlay and audio streaming. It is also very nice to have significant functional control over the receiver by downloading the Denon mobile app. Setup for the receiver was very easy with the built-in Audyssey XT feature. Audyssey does a very good job of calculating the 'ideal' settings for each speaker, as well as the subwoofer. I personally have been very impressed by Audyssey's setting for my room. I have watched a few action movies with my new receiver and have been very impressed with the sound quality, power, and speaker settings (granted a lot of this has to do with the actual speakers used as well, so individual results may vary). For the price of the unit, you get very good specifications and sound output compared to other receivers both within and outside of the Denon brand. A few negatives I have experience thus far are the user interface through the graphic user interface displayed on the television. While the GUI is fairly simple, it is not totally intuitive where certain settings are. Also, if you don't have the luxury of a single universal remote, the remote provided is suitable but does not have a good feeling and setup for natural hand gestures. Lastly, I would like to have better interaction between my source inputs and the receiver. For example, I would like to power on/off the television, bluray, or gaming system and have the receiver be smart enough to either switch to another input or power off with the source. The standard price for the AVR-2113CI is good while the unit also allows you flexibility for future upgrades in speakers and setup; for example I only use a 5.1 setup now but this unit allows me to upgrade to a 7.1 setup when the time comes or use 2 speakers as a second zone. Also highly recommend looking into buying a Factory Certified Refurbished unit to save a bit of money.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: