Viewing Review: x4000 AVR replacerd my onkyo 809 XT vs XT32 - AVS Forum
x4000 AVR replacerd my onkyo 809 XT vs XT32 Edit
by Brian Fineberg Combined Rating: 5.0
I purchased the x4000 to replace my onkyo 809, merely for the fact of gaining the highest Audyssey XT32 (as compared to the multeQ XT). What a difference the XT32 makes...My FR was MUCH...
Pros Cons
  • High end looks, Audyssey XT32, pre-outs, dual sub EQ, tons of connectivity
  • none so far
I purchased the x4000 to replace my onkyo 809, merely for the fact of gaining the highest Audyssey XT32 (as compared to the multeQ XT). What a difference the XT32 makes...My FR was MUCH flatter..and the sub EQ was phenominal.

Sounds were much more crisp and not muddied by virtue of the XT32 present in the Denon....also it was able to reduce many ringing due to reflections in my untreated room (this is backed up by spectrographs in REW).

The GUI is much better than the Onkyo and very attractive. My wife commented on how as a whole the x4000 was a much nicer unit in looks and functionality.
It was easy to program my harmony 1 to use all the stock remote codes. No complaints thus far with the

I cannot comment on the amp sections as I use emotiva Amps to power all my speakers, but am excited I can now expand to 9.2 smile.gif

Highly recommended unit!
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Baron5 01-23-2014, 06:19 PM

Glad you liked the brand new x4000 I sold to you. Unfortunately you sent me your 809 with no set up mic or remote and then lied about it being packed. Unit was not in mint condition either as it had some type of milk or something splattered all over the front. I sold your 809 so I wouldn't have to be reminded of being ripped off by you. Replaced it with an integra and emotiva LPA 1 from decent folks and am now happy again. 

Poolshark1981 11-30-2013, 06:22 AM

so it's powered for 7 but with external amps can go to 11? how does this compare to the onk 929? Same price..what's the better deal?

Justin Morgan 11-30-2013, 02:16 AM

@Twodko -- The X4000 has 11.2 preamp outputs. You can see it in the linked image (warning: image is large).

Poolshark1981 11-24-2013, 08:21 PM

I also am interested in being able to expand this to 11.2 if needed

Twodko 11-24-2013, 08:13 PM

Hello,

I'm looking at this AVR as well to replace my Denon 1913. Pardon my ignorance but how do you connect your Emotiva external amps? This X4000 has no preamp outputs.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: