Viewing Review: Just Because They're Inexpensive... - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Just Because They're Inexpensive... Edit
by drglenn Combined Rating: 4.6
… doesn't mean you should write them off! Full range, balanced sound at an affordable price. I am one of those that feel that a woofer needs to move air! All these new-fangled, fancy-schmancy...
Pros Cons
  • Very decent sound for a very decent price.
  • No bragging rights.

… doesn't mean you should write them off! Full range, balanced sound at an affordable price. I am one of those that feel that a woofer needs to move air! All these new-fangled, fancy-schmancy designs with 6.5" "woofers" in a cabinet that's supposed to fill in the entire bottom end just plain ol' don't work for me. I am using these in parallel with a pair of KEF C40's (great mid-bass through highs, but no bottom end at all) attached to a NuForce DDA-100 all-digital integrated amp - could use a bit more power, but this amp is so clean it almost squeaks! The sound is outrageously good. There is no bass boominess at all, but clean, solid bass down to < 30Hz. The highs are clean without harshness. These speakers alone tend to be a little harsh on the high-end d/t the horn tweeters, but the KEFs smooth it out. All-in-all, can't be beat for the price - or even triple the price - but don't go bragging to your audiophile friends - they're the ones who think all jeans need a "CK" on the rear pocket...

(NOTE: Price listed is EACH)

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
kevon27 11-16-2013, 01:53 PM

Nice review. The audiophile way of thinking has contaminated this industry. Expensive = great. Wrong, you can get a lot of bang for your buck and get great sound with speakers costing less than $800 a pair.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: