Viewing Review: Just Because They're Inexpensive... - AVS Forum
Just Because They're Inexpensive... Edit
by drglenn Combined Rating: 4.6
… doesn't mean you should write them off! Full range, balanced sound at an affordable price. I am one of those that feel that a woofer needs to move air! All these new-fangled, fancy-schmancy...
Pros Cons
  • Very decent sound for a very decent price.
  • No bragging rights.

… doesn't mean you should write them off! Full range, balanced sound at an affordable price. I am one of those that feel that a woofer needs to move air! All these new-fangled, fancy-schmancy designs with 6.5" "woofers" in a cabinet that's supposed to fill in the entire bottom end just plain ol' don't work for me. I am using these in parallel with a pair of KEF C40's (great mid-bass through highs, but no bottom end at all) attached to a NuForce DDA-100 all-digital integrated amp - could use a bit more power, but this amp is so clean it almost squeaks! The sound is outrageously good. There is no bass boominess at all, but clean, solid bass down to < 30Hz. The highs are clean without harshness. These speakers alone tend to be a little harsh on the high-end d/t the horn tweeters, but the KEFs smooth it out. All-in-all, can't be beat for the price - or even triple the price - but don't go bragging to your audiophile friends - they're the ones who think all jeans need a "CK" on the rear pocket...

(NOTE: Price listed is EACH)

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
kevon27 11-16-2013, 01:53 PM

Nice review. The audiophile way of thinking has contaminated this industry. Expensive = great. Wrong, you can get a lot of bang for your buck and get great sound with speakers costing less than $800 a pair.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: