Viewing Review: DO NOT BUY SONY! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

DO NOT BUY SONY! Edit
by uedatao
I got a KDL-60NX720 Sony TV.  It is only 2 years old.  We paid $3300 for it now and it's just out of warranty.  We called an Authorized Sony Repair person (per Sony's request) and after $85, they...
Pros Cons
  • The TV worked well for two years. Then it broke!

I got a KDL-60NX720 Sony TV.  It is only 2 years old.  We paid $3300 for it now and it's just out of warranty.  We called an Authorized Sony Repair person (per Sony's request) and after $85, they said it would cost $3000 to fix it.  There was an INVERTER PANEL issue, which the repair person said is a "known problem with these TVs". The cost to repair exceeds value of TV.  Word to the wise - DO NOT BUY SONY TV's. THEY ARE JUNK and WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS!  Despite several efforts we were not able to obtain any support in finding a replacement or getting our TV fixed.

Sony does not care one bit about making a quality product. If they did, they would stand behind this and provide a repair. Two years for a $3300 set that's advertised as "longer lasting" LED? I guess they were right about how long it would last with their warranty of 1 year!  

We'd like to warn others who are considering to buy a SONY product.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: