Viewing Review: DO NOT BUY SONY! - AVS Forum
DO NOT BUY SONY! Edit
by uedatao
I got a KDL-60NX720 Sony TV.  It is only 2 years old.  We paid $3300 for it now and it's just out of warranty.  We called an Authorized Sony Repair person (per Sony's request) and after $85, they...
Pros Cons
  • The TV worked well for two years. Then it broke!

I got a KDL-60NX720 Sony TV.  It is only 2 years old.  We paid $3300 for it now and it's just out of warranty.  We called an Authorized Sony Repair person (per Sony's request) and after $85, they said it would cost $3000 to fix it.  There was an INVERTER PANEL issue, which the repair person said is a "known problem with these TVs". The cost to repair exceeds value of TV.  Word to the wise - DO NOT BUY SONY TV's. THEY ARE JUNK and WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS!  Despite several efforts we were not able to obtain any support in finding a replacement or getting our TV fixed.

Sony does not care one bit about making a quality product. If they did, they would stand behind this and provide a repair. Two years for a $3300 set that's advertised as "longer lasting" LED? I guess they were right about how long it would last with their warranty of 1 year!  

We'd like to warn others who are considering to buy a SONY product.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: