Viewing Review: amazing soundbar - AVS Forum
amazing soundbar Edit
by yan101 Combined Rating: 5.0
i bought this soundbar to update my dodgy setup. i have a 3.1 alba system but had splitters on the outputs to accomodate an extra 3 speakers, so i never had true surround sound but for the measley...
Pros Cons
  • everything
  • nothing

i bought this soundbar to update my dodgy setup. i have a 3.1 alba system but had splitters on the outputs to accomodate an extra 3 speakers, so i never had true surround sound but for the measley prce i paid ir sounded pretty good for my small living space. After i upgraded to a new samsung tv i decided as an xmas present to myself that i would buy a new sound system. I considered a HTIB but the small speakers were no good to me, i needed standing speakers, and the only one i liked was way overpriced with bad reviews. I then came accross soundbars, i didnt expect much from them but i popped along to my local currys to listen to one, i saw one set up and didnt think it was functional in the shop, by this time i had all but decided i would stick with what i had. I was on my way out and i asked a member of staff (very busy shop on boxing day) if i could listen to it, he said sure, just use your bluetooth and play something to it, as he walked off i said im not sure how to do it, and he said they are so simple to use youll figure it out. sure enough about 10 seconds later i had die hard playing on my phone with the sound coming from the soundbar. and it blew me away, the bass was punchy, the 3d effect surround was way better than i expected, it was crystal clear, and all of this in a shop, so i bought one on the spot. When i got it home, it took longer to get rid of the packaging than it did to set up. 2 power plugs and 1 optical to the tv's optical out socket and voila, the unit sounded alot better in my home, the sound bounces around the room and gives me a much better surround feel, once i had messed with the settings a little it was amazing, i have 3d sound set to movie, bass between 4 and 6 depending on what im watching and thats it. it works my tv too which wasnt a big issue for me as i dont mind using multiple remotes. obviously the surround will never beat a true set up, and im sure if you use the hdmi arc instead of optical connection it would be a better set up. but i have many hdmi inputs and my tv dosent support arc so its fine for me, Bluetooth for music is amazing, it connects in seconds and the sound is once again brilliant. I cant say how well this has performed for me. And as it was on offer it only cost me £179.

If your looking for an alternative to a 5.1 system or simply dont have the room for one. Maybe you dont want wires trailing all over and a wireless system is too expensive then get one of these. For the price i dont think it can be beaten. I compared the sound to a bose solo tv system that was over twice as much, and the bose sounded crappy compared to this. The wireless subwoofer gives out great bass when you need it and can be put anywhere in the room. overall probably the best peice of kit i have ever bought.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: