Viewing Review: Pound for pound one of the best projectors out there. - AVS Forum
Pound for pound one of the best projectors out there. Edit
by pacman9270 Combined Rating: 4.1
My current setup:
- Pioneer Elite SC-65
- Panasonic DMP-BDT500 BluRay Player
- Screen Innovations Performance Series 100" screen
- Monoprice HDMI cables used
- Throw Distance: 11.5'
- Seating...
Pros Cons
  • Price, picture quality out of the box, dual HDMI inputs, very easy setup, great remote layout.
  • Manual focus and could be brighter.
My current setup:
- Pioneer Elite SC-65
- Panasonic DMP-BDT500 BluRay Player
- Screen Innovations Performance Series 100" screen
- Monoprice HDMI cables used
- Throw Distance: 11.5'
- Seating Distance: 10.5'

2D
Very good black levels. Color levels are really good out of the box and only needed minor tweaking. The motion enhancer technology works like a charm. (Set it for "low". It keeps the filmic presence while keeping better detail.).

3D
Handles 3D motion very well. Separate settings for 3D viewing make customizing easier. The 3D emitter model for this projector is TMR-PJ2. It works great with my OKBA 3D glasses. You can adjust brightness and 3D depth. There is very little ghosting with this projector. 2D to 3D conversion is a cool feature that I just started playing with. Works better with live sports than any other TV programming.

OTHER
My projector sits about 2.5' above my head and i don't hear the fan. It has a nice sleek design that I'm happy with. Some say the chassis is cheap, it feels good to me.

Overall
This is the first projector I have ever purchased. I love it. Video quality is great. Projector pushes 1300 lumens which does well with low lighting for 2D viewing. The fact that I can get this kind of PQ and 3D for less than $3k makes this projector HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Wryker 02-16-2014, 01:05 PM

I've seen at several websites this model can display any LAN connected device once you register the PC's IP address: I can not find ANY documents on how to do this?!?

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: