Viewing Review: You don't want to miss this - AVS Forum
You don't want to miss this Edit
by bobnorth65 Combined Rating: 5.0
Window to the world is here

All my life I have imagined this kind of home connection to the world. The design of the TV with speakers is a work of art... even if you just put it near a wall and...
Pros Cons
  • Best video image that I have ever seen for 1080p. Full 4K is beyond words.
  • When things are this new... it's rare to find anyone who knows all. Best source of helpful information is the owners section here on AVS
Window to the world is here

All my life I have imagined this kind of home connection to the world. The design of the TV with speakers is a work of art... even if you just put it near a wall and never plug it in. Every input is a case of ...best ever for me, from old standard def sources to 1080p broadcasts, to Blu-ray. The TV does upgrade everything to more satisfying levels. My replaced TV is the 55XBR8 which has been a magnificent device it’s ownself. I wanted a larger screen without loss of any quality. This TV accomplished that. The 4k experience is the bonus. A 100% 4k from start to finish recording is unbelievable. I feel like I must have an HDMI socket in the back of my head that has finally been connected.

Every detail is as described by Sony. I paid $180 extra for a Sony contracted install. I bought direct from Sony because I think it ensures full satisfaction without risk. I also have respect for Sony as a world citizen. Every detail of the TV, the 4K player, and the installation has been perfect. Even the carton that the TV comes in is a wonder of simple and perfect function.

I had zero interest in buying 3D, but that too is a shocking delight. The real pay off is the combined excellence of all features. Sony introduced me to the Berlin Philharmonic’s online theater via a free one month introduction. I had no idea. Full HD archives from Germany, along with live concerts. I have been lobbying for this kind of delivery of arts to the home for many years. No one told me it was here until Sony. I have every confidence that 4K will elevate TV viewing in years ahead. I am enjoying the previews that were supplied by Sony and I have found a few more. I will indeed buy 4K versions as they arrive. Yes, even most classic masterpiece movies that I bought in every media format... I will want one more time in 4K. But, I look forward to the Metropolitan Opera in 4K. I would like our national television, PBS in 4K. I love baseball and hockey and of course 4K would be a miracle. I have a large collection of Blu-ray opera and dance performance. Yes, 4K please. I have no doubt that the 4K input will blossom. This is it. -Right, I'm an old guy. Don't expect to be around for more. Though, I did say that back in 96, when I picked up my final analog TV.

-this review is a revised update of the customer review I sent to Sony last September. Readers need look no further than the owners AVS forum for the XBR-65X900A.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: