Viewing Review: Great product, encompasses several others - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Great product, encompasses several others Edit
by djgill Combined Rating: 5.0
So far so good in my first week with the new TiVo Roamio Plus. I felt like it was a waste of money to continue to pay Comcast a monthly fee for renting additional DVR boxes for other TVs in my...
Pros Cons
  • Best DVR on the market, stream media elsewhere, download saved media to other devices
  • Mildly annoying set up, none others yet

So far so good in my first week with the new TiVo Roamio Plus. I felt like it was a waste of money to continue to pay Comcast a monthly fee for renting additional DVR boxes for other TVs in my apartment, so I thought I'd get a Slingbox so I can watch TV in bed. 

After reading more about the Roamio, it encompasses everything I wanted from the Slingbox, plus more. With the Tivo app, I can actually download my DVR content to my devices (iPhone and iPad), I get the better DVR interface, the universal search where it shows me access to content across Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon (only one missing is Apple.)

Before I was using Apple TV, often running apps through my PS3, and now I think I'll use Tivo 95% of the time. I'll update more as I use it more. 

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: