Viewing Review: I do really like this unit a lot. However I did take one back to get this one - AVS Forum
I do really like this unit a lot. However I did take one back to get this one Edit
by SAMUEL67 Combined Rating: 4.0
The easy fix for the HDCP handshake is to power up tv, then change resolution on the roku 3. This generates a new handshake, and life is good. If roku would update a fix that would be nice. till...
Pros Cons
  • fast streaming load.. over wifi through cell based service even. Yeah I know, I'm switching to fios or the like
  • 1ST UNIT NO AUDIO, BOTH UNITS HDCP HAND SHAKE ISSUE.

The easy fix for the HDCP handshake is to power up tv, then change resolution on the roku 3. This generates a new handshake, and life is good. If roku would update a fix that would be nice. till then.....

this fix worked on and old Sony xbr rptv and a new Samsung lcd

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
elasticmedia 03-28-2014, 12:32 PM

Hmmn. I was intreagued by Samuel67's comment, but I tried changing the display type from 720p to 1080p back and forth, but my purple screen HDCP error issue did not change. Samuel said change the resolution, but there is no resolution tab - just the display type. I have heard about unplugging items to get the handshake reset, but so far I am beaten.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: