Viewing Review: Amazing upgrade over my old Denon! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Amazing upgrade over my old Denon! Edit
by amityeric Combined Rating: 5.0
I love it!  I'm no audiophile, but I got this for $390 from my local Video Only, and it was a steal.  It's powerful, has network connectivity, plenty of inputs / outputs.  Love streaming music from...
Pros Cons
  • powerful, clean, punchy, crisp, network functions all work well, YPAO easy to set up and pretty accurate, control over dialogue
  • no multi-location YPAO setup, HDMI passthrough produces terrible picture

I love it!  I'm no audiophile, but I got this for $390 from my local Video Only, and it was a steal.  It's powerful, has network connectivity, plenty of inputs / outputs.  Love streaming music from my iphone or my PC.  Love the Yamaha app although I wish it would control my Sony Blu-ray player.  It does, but it's clunky.  Have to have a Yamaha Blu-ray player for more reasonable functionality.  Started with the 375 then upgraded to this.  Sound quality seems much more detailed at low volumes.  I love the ability to have more precise control over dialogue when watching movies.  Can't think of any cons except for the lousy picture I get when I use the hdmi passthrough.  I get a MUCH better picture if I just run the WII straight to the TV and bypass the amp. 

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: