Viewing Review: Amazing upgrade over my old Denon! - AVS Forum
Amazing upgrade over my old Denon! Edit
by amityeric Combined Rating: 5.0
I love it!  I'm no audiophile, but I got this for $390 from my local Video Only, and it was a steal.  It's powerful, has network connectivity, plenty of inputs / outputs.  Love streaming music from...
Pros Cons
  • powerful, clean, punchy, crisp, network functions all work well, YPAO easy to set up and pretty accurate, control over dialogue
  • no multi-location YPAO setup, HDMI passthrough produces terrible picture

I love it!  I'm no audiophile, but I got this for $390 from my local Video Only, and it was a steal.  It's powerful, has network connectivity, plenty of inputs / outputs.  Love streaming music from my iphone or my PC.  Love the Yamaha app although I wish it would control my Sony Blu-ray player.  It does, but it's clunky.  Have to have a Yamaha Blu-ray player for more reasonable functionality.  Started with the 375 then upgraded to this.  Sound quality seems much more detailed at low volumes.  I love the ability to have more precise control over dialogue when watching movies.  Can't think of any cons except for the lousy picture I get when I use the hdmi passthrough.  I get a MUCH better picture if I just run the WII straight to the TV and bypass the amp. 

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: