Viewing Review: Required audio powerhouse! - AVS Forum
Required audio powerhouse! Edit
by eastside718 Combined Rating: 4.0
I was very skeptical adding a power amp to my system. But I was unhappy with the playback of digital music stored on my computer. It appeared to be flat, lacking the emotion of the music. Don't get...
Pros Cons
  • Provides all the power you will ever need!
  • Heavy, heavy, did I mention heavy!
I was very skeptical adding a power amp to my system. But I was unhappy with the playback of digital music stored on my computer. It appeared to be flat, lacking the emotion of the music. Don't get me wrong, my Denon-AVR 4810C I is a rock! It is the brains of my home theater system.But I began reading reviews about Denon AVRs used as processors or pre-amps with separate power amps.

Enter the Emotiva XPR5! I read every review I could about Emotiva. Their reputation is impeccable and the reviews remarkable. Well, put me on the bad wagon! This is THE BEST purchase upgrade I have ever made! I am hearing nuances in old music, that i didn't know existed. There's a presence to the music! Horns, vocals, drum beats, bass parts brought to life! I am absolutely ecstatic about this Emotiva! So if you are sitting on the fence, not quite satisfied with music, movies, this amp is the answer!
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
eastside718 06-02-2014, 04:05 PM

[URL=http://Actually I would rate it 5 stars! I hit the wrong star and could not edit it.]Actually I would rate it 5 stars! I hit the wrong star and could not edit it.

Orion5150 06-02-2014, 03:11 PM

So if you love it so much, why only. 3.5 stars? Because of the weight!?!?

eastside718 02-21-2014, 03:26 AM

Typo!! XPA 5, Great amp and certainly enough power!

bderringer 02-20-2014, 04:45 PM

I was just wondering if you have the XPA or XPR 5? In the headline it's XPA but in the text it's the XPR. A little bit of power per channel between the two with XPA 5 @ 200 wpc and the XPR 5@ 400 wpc. Thanks!

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: