Viewing Review: Good value & great sound - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Good value & great sound Edit
by Bob Medley Combined Rating: 4.5
Bought this on the weekend to replace a 20 year old home theatre system. The setup was so easy and paired with my DB Dynamics speakers & subwoofer I have an awesome new home theatre unit. I...
Pros Cons
  • HDMI, upscaling, good quality & easy to set up
  • Poor manual & spring loaded speaker connectors

Bought this on the weekend to replace a 20 year old home theatre system. The setup was so easy and paired with my DB Dynamics speakers & subwoofer I have an awesome new home theatre unit. I actually feel like I am in a cinema or at an event & the video upscaling is brilliant. 4 HDMI in & 1 out is plenty for the normal buyer. Only thing I didnt like is that the manual is quite lean in terms of information. A novice might have a bit of difficulty in getting all the settings right, but it is just a matter of attuning it to how you want it to sound.

The range of options for different genres (movies/sport/music/dialogue) are exceptional & experimentation will see you get the setup you prefer. The ability to adjust each speaker & the subwoofer if you have one is also a bonus. There is no need to adjust the volume too far as even lower settings have quite a great deal of punch.

Some of the things I have noticed in movies so far is: the sound of a fork on a plate in the background; passersby conversations more audible; footsteps from across the street. These are sounds you would not hear or notice on tv; quality home theatre opens up a completely different experience.

If anyone buying this unit wants any assistance if troubled in setting up, then just contact me & I would be glad to help you fine tune your system.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: