Viewing Review: I think it walks on water. - AVS Forum
I think it walks on water. Edit
by Bullitt5094 Combined Rating: 5.0
I've owned this for more than a year now. I know it's sketchy to see a review with all fives but I can't find anything to deduct. It's been rock solid. It replaced my much loved and upgraded B&K...
Pros Cons
  • Performance and Features well above it's price point. No compromise in execution ranging from Home Theater to Vinyl playback usage.
  • It isn't free? Grasping for straws here for the con comment.
I've owned this for more than a year now. I know it's sketchy to see a review with all fives but I can't find anything to deduct. It's been rock solid. It replaced my much loved and upgraded B&K AVR-307 and made the B&K sound like hell. I was shocked. I also compared it to the top Marantz Receiver SR7008 (I think it was) and the Marantz 7001/7055 separates. Sounded better than the first and at least as good as the second. Curious as to what was what, I continued up the amplifier scale and I had to go almost to the $10k price level to find anything that sounded appreciably better to my own and my HARD to please Wife's ears. This testing was done in my own HT room with my B&W 804s and DIY sub so environment wasn't a factor. The Audyssey XT32 did an excellent job and the sound is pretty homogenous in all 8 seats in my HT for movie nights. I'm using the HDMI input from Oppo 103 to the 4520 for both Red Book and Blu-Ray playback. The internal D/A converter is extremely clean, noiseless and natural sounding even compared to Vinyl. In Theater mode I use the 804s along with a B&W HTM2 Center and B&W DS3 Surrounds in DI-Pole mode. It is all encompassing from any seat in the house. The train wreck in the move 8MM generally has people crawling out of their chairs. For the individual that claimed a problem with sound quality with his unit, please stop by. I'll change your mind. wink.gif
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: