Viewing Review: Has functioned perfectly - AVS Forum
Has functioned perfectly Edit
by bobnorth65 Combined Rating: 4.0
It has been a simple and effective source of program material. Only issues are that we would like more new program material, and from the time you push the button to purchase or rent something that...
Pros Cons
  • My installation is very simple and responsive. It's been issue-free for me.
  • I would like more choices of program material... though new stuff continues to arrive.
It has been a simple and effective source of program material. Only issues are that we would like more new program material, and from the time you push the button to purchase or rent something that is not pre-sent, there is a long delay of at least hours. The device automatically will load new material so that it can be purchased with zero delay. Delay is not issue for me. I'm not in that big a hurry. I will tend to be much slower to buy or rent 1080p because I will want to wait to see if the material is offered here in 4K. Simply put, I would not view in 1080p if I knew 4K version were coming soon... or latter. I love the Sony set up, and already take the whole thing for granted. I don't like to view a regular 1080p TV any more, because my 4K Sony TV improves 1080p and everything else. I am irritated by reviews that indicate the reviewer has not lived with the Sony set up. It shows me how often pro reviewers seem to write because that's what they do. It applies to media in general. Writers pan the Olympics without valid reason. Journalists do "news" without putting in much effort. It's a bit of a clue about the propaganda industry.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
montybritton 04-25-2014, 06:27 PM

I am sure that once 4K is experienced, we will NEVER want to go back to 1080p. I first saw Total Recall (2013) in real 4K at Best Buy on a beautiful Sony TV. I was hooked at the sheer beauty of that magnificent picture! I eventually bought a Samsung UN55F9000 (2013 model) for its upgradable One Connect box. I am dying to see real 4K on this set. Cannot wait for the 4K streaming devices from Samsung and Nanotech's NP-1 to be released to consumers. You are right when you mentioned about never going back to a 1080p set again. My 4K set makes blu ray discs look amazing using my Oppo BDP-103 to upconvert the video. I am still learning about this 4K technology thanks to forums like this one among others.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: