Viewing Review: Great Console, small hard drive - AVS Forum
Great Console, small hard drive Edit
by wraunch Combined Rating: 4.0
I have had this console now for 2 years. I have had very few issues with it. The only real con I have about it is the small harddrive. If you buy this you will at least want to get a 16 GB thumb...
Pros Cons
  • Faster than the original 360, runs cooler, looks better, built in wifi
  • Small hard drive, can't use my old 120 GB due to form factor change, no blu ray drive.
I have had this console now for 2 years. I have had very few issues with it. The only real con I have about it is the small harddrive. If you buy this you will at least want to get a 16 GB thumb drive to supplement the built in 4 GB drive. Of course remember MS software will reserve part of the drive so you don't really even get 4 GB. I have mine connected via HDMI to a 1080P LCD and it looks great and runs fast. Gameplay is identical to other 360s I have but this is not nearly as loud as it was designed to run cooler than the older models. The 360 in my opinion is still a much better console than the PS3. The only thing it was lacking was a blu ray drive but everything is going away from optical drives so that's no longer an issue either.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
wraunch 02-12-2014, 08:03 AM

I forgot some pieces of the review:

2) Setup—As I mentioned mine is hooked up to a 40" 1080p LCD. I also have it running to my Sony soundbar/sub setup in my bedroom via HDMI.

3) User Interface—The GUI on the 360 is the best of this generation. I love the controller layout as I find it ergonomically pleasing.

4) Performance—Games boot fairly quickly and online play is as good as your internet connection. The improved cooling of this 360 does seem to improve FPS games performance.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: