Viewing Review: This is a fantastic blu-ray player with 7.1 DTS Master Studio Support, with Great Vudu playback; a Bonus a fast gaming console when more games are out - AVS Forum
This is a fantastic blu-ray player with 7.1 DTS Master Studio Support, with Great Vudu playback; a Bonus a fast gaming console when more games are out Edit
by joncpaul Combined Rating: 4.0
I have done extensive Blu-ray testing with the Oppo BDP-103 vs PlayStation 4 comparing video on a Panasonic TC-P60VT60.. I think the PlayStation 4 at $399.99 really make the Oppo BDP-103 a hard...
Pros Cons
  • Fantastic blu-ray playback similar to Oppo BDP103 have both units side by side testing
  • Game library very limited; no media remote available yet for streaming video services and Blu-ray Playback, 3D Blu-ray playback not supported yet

I have done extensive Blu-ray testing with the Oppo BDP-103 vs PlayStation 4 comparing video on a Panasonic TC-P60VT60.. I think the PlayStation 4 at $399.99 really make the Oppo BDP-103 a hard sell at $499.9 with how fast Blu-ray load times are on the PlayStation 4. I have compared video quality comparing Vudu playback on both units and they are very similar if not quite close.. The Oppo offers by far a little better scaling on the Vudu movies but the PlayStation 4 performs so closely in both Blu-ray playback and streaming services like Vudu, Netflix. I would have a hard time recommending anything more expensive for a Videophile than the PlayStation 4. The movie comparisons were Vudu: The Fifth Element; Blu-ray The Fifth Element, Vudu: Elysium and Blu-ray Elysium, Vudu: Ender's Game and Ender's Game on Blu-ray.. I have concluded that the main advantages of the Oppo are solely the dedicated remote. The PlayStation 4 controller is a little less media friendly. I own 3 PlayStation 4 units used for Blu-ray playback, Vudu, and Netflix.. These units are really solid and quiet for the task.

Also own one Xbox One and the Blu-ray, DVD, CD playback are acceptable but not perfect; Vudu and Netflix are about as responsive as a Roku box

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: