Viewing Review: This is a fantastic blu-ray player with 7.1 DTS Master Studio Support, with Great Vudu playback; a Bonus a fast gaming console when more games are out - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

This is a fantastic blu-ray player with 7.1 DTS Master Studio Support, with Great Vudu playback; a Bonus a fast gaming console when more games are out Edit
by joncpaul Combined Rating: 4.0
I have done extensive Blu-ray testing with the Oppo BDP-103 vs PlayStation 4 comparing video on a Panasonic TC-P60VT60.. I think the PlayStation 4 at $399.99 really make the Oppo BDP-103 a hard...
Pros Cons
  • Fantastic blu-ray playback similar to Oppo BDP103 have both units side by side testing
  • Game library very limited; no media remote available yet for streaming video services and Blu-ray Playback, 3D Blu-ray playback not supported yet

I have done extensive Blu-ray testing with the Oppo BDP-103 vs PlayStation 4 comparing video on a Panasonic TC-P60VT60.. I think the PlayStation 4 at $399.99 really make the Oppo BDP-103 a hard sell at $499.9 with how fast Blu-ray load times are on the PlayStation 4. I have compared video quality comparing Vudu playback on both units and they are very similar if not quite close.. The Oppo offers by far a little better scaling on the Vudu movies but the PlayStation 4 performs so closely in both Blu-ray playback and streaming services like Vudu, Netflix. I would have a hard time recommending anything more expensive for a Videophile than the PlayStation 4. The movie comparisons were Vudu: The Fifth Element; Blu-ray The Fifth Element, Vudu: Elysium and Blu-ray Elysium, Vudu: Ender's Game and Ender's Game on Blu-ray.. I have concluded that the main advantages of the Oppo are solely the dedicated remote. The PlayStation 4 controller is a little less media friendly. I own 3 PlayStation 4 units used for Blu-ray playback, Vudu, and Netflix.. These units are really solid and quiet for the task.

Also own one Xbox One and the Blu-ray, DVD, CD playback are acceptable but not perfect; Vudu and Netflix are about as responsive as a Roku box

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: