Viewing Review: Good system - still has some bugs - AVS Forum
Good system - still has some bugs Edit
by zman8 Combined Rating: 4.0
A good system, but I'm definitely looking forward to some more games. The Skype feature is great for a Dad who plays games...gives easy way for family to talk with my son.

1) Features—The Xbox...
Pros Cons
  • Instant resume feature is a life changer
  • Needs more games and to iron out some bugs in DVD and Blu-Ray playback
A good system, but I'm definitely looking forward to some more games. The Skype feature is great for a Dad who plays games...gives easy way for family to talk with my son.

1) Features—The Xbox One (XB1) goes upto 1080p. While some are claiming that the games don’t render at that resolution, I’ve got no complaints. The XB1 also does Blu-rays, music and DVDs. However, the lip-sync can get a little off if I fastforward or rewind. I find I need to return to the home screen to get the sync back to normal. And like all TVs these days, it has Vudu and Netflix. A cool feature is that you can pin your favorite Vudu movies to the home and quickly launch them. The kinect is better than on the original xbox, but I still find myself yelling at the system.

2) Setup—Setup is a mixed bag. The HDMI out port I find a little lose so sometimes when the room is cleaned this cable comes out.

3) User Interface—Controller is great!! The home screen however is still taking some time to get use to.

4) Performance—Simply put—instant resume. As a dad, I find that I need to bail on games at a moments notice. Likewise, when I do have a couple of free minutes, I want to spend them playing, not waiting for a system or game to load. The XB1 lets me do both in a matter of seconds. I turn on the system and within ten seconds I’m playing DeadRising 3 right where I left off. And no more, “I’ve got to get to a save point.”
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: