Viewing Review: No Thanks For The Memories - AVS Forum
No Thanks For The Memories Edit
by jstumbler Combined Rating: 4.0
First off, let me start by simplifying the 'pros' and saying the Xbox One is an incredible machine. Forza 5 looks unbelievable, and the physics are phenomenal. Blah blah blah... more gushing...
Pros Cons
  • Graphics, Voice Commands, Sound, The Usual Stuff
  • No memory access.
First off, let me start by simplifying the 'pros' and saying the Xbox One is an incredible machine. Forza 5 looks unbelievable, and the physics are phenomenal. Blah blah blah... more gushing mumbo jumbo.

Now, having said all that, after playing my Xbox One for about a week, I was disheartened to find out one of the 360's most useful features was missing from the latest and greatest Microsoft system. After letting my nephews play on my Forza 5 profile, I decided I would like to restart my Forza career. I was puzzled that I could not find an option to do so within the game. Oh well... I'll just do it the old-fashioned way and delete my game in the Memory Manager. What?! NO MEMORY MANAGER?! Now I'm scared. This extremely useful feature from...well...just about every other next generation system has been nixed from the latest offering in the Xbox family. Why? I suddenly had flashbacks of Microsoft's threats to turn your system into Roz from Monster's Inc (aaallllways watching), and allowing you to play your Xbox One, as long they would always know about it. I couldn't help but think the not-so-subtle omission of any way to access the system's memory is just another step on Microsoft's quest to be in control. What's even weirder is that in order to reboot your Forza career, you have to hold down all shoulder buttons on the Forza Start screen, and press Y, and you would only find that out by researching the forums. Perhaps it's the Mel Gibson in me, but I can hear Microsoft's Black Helicopter's, and I don't like it.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: