Viewing Review: My second video game console. The Atari 5200! - AVS Forum
My second video game console. The Atari 5200! Edit
by PGTweed Combined Rating: 4.0
My second video game console was the Atari 5200. The first was the Atari 2600 that was purchased before Christmas 1977. The Atari 5200 is a slight improvement in graphics and sound over the Atari...
Pros Cons
  • Graphics, Sound, Atari 2600 adapter add on, Easy Set up and rugged construction
  • Joystick controllers
My second video game console was the Atari 5200. The first was the Atari 2600 that was purchased before Christmas 1977. The Atari 5200 is a slight improvement in graphics and sound over the Atari 2600. The Atari 5200 is an early Atari 400(?) little computer without the floppy drive. It is easy to set up and connect to most any pre HD TV. The downpart of the Atari 5200, other than the size of the console itself is the combination Joystick and keypad controller. It is easy to break with rough handling. The sound is good at capturing the 1980's home arcade games. I also liked the Atari 2600 adapter that allowed playing your Atari 2600 games. My favorite Atari 5200 games: Star Wars-The Arcade Game, Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator, Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom, Congo Bongo, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Countermeasure, Q-Bert, Gyruss. My favorite Atari 2600 games: Parker Brothers Star Wars-The Arcade Game, The Empire Strikes Back, Jedi Arena, Return of the Jedi- Death Star Battle, Space Invaders, Pitfall, Pitfall 2, River Raid, M.A.S.H., Mega Force.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: