Viewing Review: Good Speaker - AVS Forum
Good Speaker Edit
by mdaleavs Combined Rating: 4.0
This speaker is well constructed and beautiful in cherry. Produces plenty of bass that renders my subwoofer nearly useless - except in the very low (below 30 Hz) registers where the subwoofer...
Pros Cons
  • Beautiful cherry finish; good build quality, plenty of bass (almost no need for subwoofer), bi-ampable.
  • Occasionally too bright.
This speaker is well constructed and beautiful in cherry. Produces plenty of bass that renders my subwoofer nearly useless - except in the very low (below 30 Hz) registers where the subwoofer finally has something to clearly contribute. No complaints at all for home theater: it's crisp and robust. The matching CSI-A6 center speaker is a great partner and blends perfectly. For music, it's punchy and dynamic, but tenor voices are occasionally over-powering and can benefit from minor EQ or treble adjustment. Percussion and stringed instruments become three-dimensional when not filtered - though crash cymbals can seem exaggerated when not attenuated. Best when run "full range" or "large," but that may more be the result of my AVR and/or listening environment. A separate pre-amp seemed to add noticeable clarity and depth at moderately loud (-20db ref.) levels. At lower levels, a loss of subtlety occurs, but not sure whether that could be remedied with better gear.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: