Viewing Review: Best streaming device out there, hands down. - AVS Forum
Best streaming device out there, hands down. Edit
by Ikarius Combined Rating: 5.0
Fantastic unit. Works with Netflix, Amazon VOD and many other streaming services. Plex will let you stream content from your computer to the Roku, for a really nice home media experience. The...
Fantastic unit. Works with Netflix, Amazon VOD and many other streaming services. Plex will let you stream content from your computer to the Roku, for a really nice home media experience. The Roku 3's wireless chipset upgrade makes this the unit to get over the older Roku 2 series; much better wireless speeds with the Roku 3. The other really cool feature of the Roku 3 is having a headphone jack in the remote, for watching without disturbing others.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Kevin3824 05-03-2014, 01:08 PM

One of the first things I found out about  the Roku 3 when I got it was that even though it has an app for HBOGO when you try and use that app you have to  authenticate it by choosing your internet provider to verify your account. Comcast / Xfinity is not among the choices so you cannot  use the Roku 3 to watch HBOGo if you have Comcast / Xfinity as your cable provider. However if you have an account with PlayOn / PlayLater you can in fact watch HBOGO through their app. Comcast / Xfinity  is not an authorized content provider to Roku. Comcast support cannot help you with this problem. I also love the idea that they have an app for the Media Browser in their app store as well.

andersmik 03-27-2014, 02:40 PM

It can't read Bluray iso. I have looked at Mede8er it looks very promising it can read every thing and shouldn't slutter. Haven't tried it but i think this will be my next media player.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: